GEO produces a host of publications and other resources that provide grantmakers the guidance they need to implement smarter practices that build stronger nonprofits and yield better results. Full-length publications, case studies and discussion guides keep grantmakers informed about the emerging trends, debates and most pressing issues in the field of philanthropy. Our content provides many perspectives and examples and includes tangible action items for readers to pursue. Read more about GEO's priorities and long-term goals, which inform the topics we explore in our publications.
Many of our publications also address the knowledge and skills grantmakers need to support nonprofits that are scaling their impact, such as building long-term, open relationships with grantees; providing unrestricted support; and investing in talent development. Highlights include the following:
- Evaluation in Philanthropy: Perspectives From the Field
- General Operating Support, Volume 1: GEO Action Guide
- General Operating Support, Volume 2: Assessing the Impact
- On the Money: The Key Financial Challenges Facing Nonprofits
Today - and How Grantmakers Can Help
- Coaching and Philanthropy: An Action Guide for Grantmakers
- Investing in Leadership, Volume 1: A Grantmaker's Framework for Understanding Leadership Development
Downloads of GEO's core publications are free to members. Nonmembers may access executive summaries online at no charge and may purchase hard copies for a small fee.